The Mission and Vision of the Xaverian Missionaries USA
We understand the Missio Ad Gentes in the USA to be the proclamation of Jesus Christ through:
• sharing the legacy of our founder, St. Guido Conforti
• telling the story and witness of our missionaries in the variety of ministries and countries where we serve
• interfaith dialogue
• advocacy for and solidarity with the poor.
• intercultural dialogue in pastoral assistance to international cultural communities
• mission vocation ministry
As a community of brothers among brothers from a variety of cultural and continental backgrounds, we are messengers of God’s love, witnesses of hope, and builders of God’s Kingdom, together becoming an example to the wider Church and the world community that it is possible to be one as Jesus wills.
The three-fold commitment of the USA delegation that undergirds all our plans and efforts are:
• Inspire a new generation to the Missio Ad gentes, Ad extra of the Church in all possible lifestyles and ministries today, particularly to a lifetime commitment as a Xaverian Missionary.
• To engage in interfaith and intercultural dialogue as a new way of mission animation to witness our mission for the local church and to encourage their involvement. The Missio Ad Gentes begins at home.
• To continue inviting friends to collaborate with us in our vision and mission as a region through our fundraising and development efforts and outreach to our missions worldwide in these changing times.